Human Resource Manager
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Supervises: Benefits Coordinator/HR Generalist and Training Manager
Location(s): Sanford, Maine – In Office (Non-Remote)
Partners Bank is a rapidly growing community bank with operations in Maine and New Hampshire that has established superior service level expectations. We offer generous compensation and benefits while fostering opportunities for growth and flexible work schedules when appropriate. We look forward to having you join our team!
Coordinates human resources activities including but not limited to employment and employee relations.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent, at least 10 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge in recruiting efforts to lead the recruiting and onboarding initiatives.
- Excellent Managerial experience
- Working knowledge of HR laws and regulations.
- Must be flexible, detailed, organized, and the ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Proficient on Word and Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels.
Specific Job Functions:
- Responsible for posting job openings, conducts interviews, and thoroughly screens prospective employees.
- Responsible for initial orientation and training of newly hired employees.
- Works with managers on hiring, terminations and disciplining of employees.
- Manages the Benefits Coordinator and Training Manager
- Assist with the Development, implementation, and updates of Human Resource policies and procedures.
- Assist with Maintaining job descriptions and appropriate compensation levels and ranges.
- Deals with concerns of employees and provides guidance as needed, including career path counseling.
- Assists with employee relations practices to maintain a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Advises personnel on the bank’s discipline system and monitors the performance improvement process for non-performing employees.
- Assist with the processing of payroll and related payroll reports. Maintains employee personnel files.
- Provides regular reporting to the Director of Human Resources pertaining to activity within the HR and Training Department.
This Job Description describes the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodations for a disability. This is not a contract.