Lead Commercial Banking Assistant
Department: Commercial Lending
Reports to: VP, Commercial Operations Manager
Supervises: Commercial Banking Assistants
Level: Level 4
Partners Bank is a rapidly growing community bank with operations in Maine and New Hampshire that has established superior service level expectations. We offer generous compensation and benefits while fostering opportunities for growth and flexible work schedules when appropriate. We look forward to having you join our team!
The Lead Commercial Banking Assistant will provide direct supervision to the Commercial Banking Assistants and exercise the usual authority of a manager concerning performance improvement plans and reviews, promotions, salary recommendations and terminations. There is an emphasis on training, coaching, developing and inspiring growth of their staff using cross-training and developmental opportunities.
The individual will create and maintain process and procedures for the administrative team, ensuring that all process and procedures are in line with regulatory requirements and are consistently followed amongst the team. The individual will assist Commercial Bankers with preparing in-house documents, process commercial line advance disbursement checks, coordinate loan closings, establish and maintain credit and collateral files, and other duties required to complete loan closings.
Assists the Commercial Operations Manager with auditors and examiners supporting the review process, providing additional documentation, and resolve any adverse findings, as necessary.
- Five or more prior years of related experience in an administrative commercial loan environment
- Proficient computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
- Excellent customer and employee relationship skills.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Strong organizational, time and work management skills.
- Strong staff development and training, and communication skills.
- Ability to handle time-sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to delegate tasks, as necessary
Specific Job Functions:
- Continually review and manage commercial loan administration procedures. When necessary, spearhead and roll out new process and procedures.
- Maintains excellent knowledge of procedures, compliance, regulatory reporting, and develops and trains staff in all facets of the administrative function.
- Effectively manage departmental workflow, as needed.
- Comply with all Federal and State banking regulations and all Bank and department policies and procedures.
- Provides back-up support for other CLA’s, as needed.
- Manage HMDA/CRA reporting & processes, meeting all regulatory requirements.
- Research and assist in resolving customer loan and deposit problems.
- Follow-up and assist in resolving loan file deficiencies.
- Ensuring departmental consistency with credit and collateral loan file creation and maintenance.
- Prepare loan documents, including commitment letters and other correspondence from the point of application to the closing of a loan, utilizing internal software, in accordance with Bank policy and regulatory compliance.
- The ability to delegate workflow, as needed.
- Provides and maintains a professional, business atmosphere within the office to promote a strong team environment. Maintains a high level of confidentiality.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
This Job Description describes the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodations for a disability. This is not a contract.