Mother’s Day Activities In Southern Maine & New Hampshire
Cache here with a friendly reminder that this Sunday is Mother’s Day!
Mother’s Day is a special day to celebrate the moms who have played a significant role in our lives. Whether it’s your mom, grandmother, aunt, or any other mother figure, taking some time to show them appreciation is always a good idea. My pals at Partners Bank and I have come up with some fun Mother’s Day activities that you can enjoy with the special women in your life!
- Mother’s Day Brunch: Treat your mom to a special brunch at a restaurant in your area or make it yourself! With options like eggs benedict, French toast, or pancakes, brunch is the sweet and savory treat all moms can enjoy. If you are going to a restaurant, be sure to make a reservation in advance as Mother’s Day brunches tend to be popular!
- Picnic in the Park: My kind of Mother’s Day Treat! If you want to spend some time outdoors with your mom, consider packing a picnic and heading to any of the beautiful parks in your area. You can enjoy a leisurely lunch while surrounded by nature and take a stroll afterward! In the Sanford area, Gowen Park and Gowen Field are great places to check out even offering covered pavilions!
- Visit a Local Garden: The Springvale Public Library’s garden is a beautiful and peaceful spot to spend some time with your mom. You can wander around the gardens, take some photos, and soak in the beauty of the flowers and plants. If you’re feeling creative, bring some art supplies and create a watercolor or sketch of the scenery! I’m all paws, so I hope my pals at Partners Bank can snap a photo for me. In the New Hampshire seacoast area, explore Strawberry Banke, on their Mothers Day Garden Tour of Portsmouth, NH.
- Treat Mom to a Spa Day: Mother’s Day is the perfect excuse to pamper your mom. Treat her to a spa day at a salon or spa in your area. From massages and facials to manicures and pedicures, there are plenty of options to choose from!
- Take a Hike: If your mom enjoys the great outdoors, consider taking a hike together. The Mousam Way Trail is a 6-mile trail that winds its way through Sanford’s beautiful countryside. The trail offers plenty of opportunities for bird-watching in Maine, wildflower spotting, and stunning views. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes, bring some water, and pack a snack for a picnic along the way – a doggy bag is always a hit with your fellow hikers! Or in New Hampshire, check out the Rye Harbor State Park where the sounds of the waves against the seacoast and fresh air is just what Mom was looking for.
- Explore the Local Art Scene: If your mom is an art lover, take her on a tour of South Sanford’s many galleries and studios. Check out the works of local artists and learn about their creative process. The Sanford Art Association and North Dam Mill are great places to start. And for folks near our New Hampshire branch locations, check out the 14th Annual Mother’s Day Craft Festival in Hampton Falls, New Hampshire! With an array of vendors offering everything from handmade pottery and knit goods, to fresh jams, dips, and more moms of all ages are sure to find something they love.
No matter what you choose to do, the most important thing is quality time. Hope your Mother’s Day is a real treat!
Cache The Dog